Popular Topic Discussion
We have compiled frequently asked questions on this page.
- What benefits can you guarantee?
- What are your rates?
- What is the quality of people you employ?
- For all that you claim, isn’t the rate too low?
- What are your payment models?
- What are your payment terms?
- We are worried about quality; how do you assure solid projects?
- Why should we trust you?
- How do we keep ourselves informed about progress?
- Professional development activities?
- Can you provide resumes for each of the people working on my project?
- What capabilities does Textus Technology offer?
All projects we take up carry the following guarantees:
- Confidentiality guarantee: All client details will be kept confidential.
- Price guarantee: Minimum 60% cost-saving over on-site development.
- Results guarantee: Progress-linked payments weighted toward the end.
Rates vary, depending on skills, timelines, project nature etc.
Typically, a Senior Developer would work at the rate of $1500/month.
The quality of a software development company is ultimately the quality of its people. Our people are very strong for software projects:
- Are English-speaking Graduate/Post-Graduate Engineers
- Have multiple years of industry experience, or are outstanding new engineers
- All people have experience on off-shore projects with US/Australian clients
- Most people are from premier engineering institutes or have proven exceptional abilities
- Are industry-certified (Google, Microsoft, Oracle, CISCO etc)
- Textus Technology’s selection process is rigorous and includes 4+ hours of online tests, actual programming, 4+ hours of interviewing and reference checking!
- About 50 candidates apply to us every month. We pick the top few among them.
Low or high are meaningful only in context. The rate is low not because of technical limitation, but simply because we operate from Sri lanka, where living costs are lower due to international economies and exchange rates. It is our strategy to pass on these location advantages to our clients.
We work only with long-term committed clients who want Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) services, and offer a monthly rate.
We invoice on monthly basis and payment is due on invoicing.
Our developers are dedicated to producing quality code. We have formal processes to keep quality under tight control, including periodic code reviews and design walk-throughs. We concentrate on being first-time right, and believe the creation-step itself should be strong.
Every project goes through the hands of suitable QA/testing professionals, under stringent test-plans including black-box testing, white-box testing, test regression, usage analysis etc.
We believe trust and confidence are the foundation for any successful relationship, and develop only after association over time. The following facts may help demonstrate our commitment to our business:
- We have completed projects for 100+ US/Australian clients
- We have been 5+ years in business, dedicated to the off-shore execution model
- We are here for the long run; our CEO has global experience with leading technology companies and has started up with a long-term vision
- Our list of references/ testimonials
We will send you regular project status reports. We use a combination of pre-determined update schedules (normally email) and ad-hoc meetings (usually tele-conferences, or live chat).
All our people get paid to learn and share. This includes reading relevant books, going to industry conferences, attending and speaking at local meetups.
We regularly hold lunch ‘n learns at the office so our people can learn from each other. We also pay for every employee, at any time, to attend training courses on Scrum, project management, engineering best practices, good design, and business strategy.
This is not something we do unless it’s for an official security clearance. When resumes of team members are requested, this is a red flag that our prospective client would really prefer a staffing relationship. As mentioned above, this is something we try to avoid. Rest assured, you’ll have interactions with many different team members before we actually begin work on your project. If you’re not excited about your team before we begin work, then we’re likely not a good fit for you.
- Strategy – helping you answer the question, “what exactly should I build?”
- Design – creating appealing, easy-to-use interfaces that delight your users and make your company look great.
- Development – writing and testing code that runs smoothly, gets the job done and is reliable day after day.
- Quality Assurance – ensuring that we’re always building the right thing and it works securely across multiple platforms.
- Deployment & DevOps – getting your product to your people with minimum hassle.
- Hosting & Monitoring – keeping things running smoothly and securely once it’s deployed.
- Ongoing Support – keeping your product in top shape and responding to your needs quickly with your own dedicated, fractional software team.